Plastics are an incredible innovation that is lightweight, durable, and inexpensive for companies to use to contain their products. But, it comes at a price. Plastic packaging has an extreme impact on our planet with landfills seeing upwards of 27 million tons of it a year. While pharmaceutical packaging is only a small percentage of the waste, it does add up. That is why medical companies are determining their best course of action and bringing sustainable packaging solutions into their operations.
Pioneer Packaging has been a leader in supplying a wide range of packaging solutions for more than 35 years. We don’t see our clients as just clients; we’re partners and we strive to bring them incredible results with our expertise. Whether they’re looking for sustainable alternatives or assistance in managing their inventory operations, we’re always available to them. Read our article below and learn how we can help you reimagine pharmaceutical packaging.
Understanding the Principles of Sustainability
According to Investopedia, sustainability is composed of three pillars: economic, environmental, and social. With climate change and excess waste looming over our heads, environmentally-friendly solutions are becoming prominent in the business world. Consumers are demanding more sustainable solutions across most industries like those in food, cosmetics, automotive, and aerospace.
What Role Does Sustainability Play in Pharmaceutical Packaging?
Like other industries, sustainability provides companies a new level of reputation amongst consumers. For example, when you adopt eco-friendly solutions consumers will look at you in a certain light. Sustainability shows that you’re listening to the customer’s demands and that you’re working towards a greener future. This undoubtedly creates some brand loyalty towards your company and product.
The Benefits of Sustainable Alternatives in Pharmaceutical Packaging
Aside from a better public image, eco-friendly packaging has a tremendous impact on companies internally. Partnering with an accomplished packaging supplier can help you identify areas of improvement and bring you sustainable solutions to move your company forward. Some examples include:
- Labor and Disposal Costs: Handling and disposing of waste costs time, energy, and manpower that can be used for more important tasks. Sustainable pharmaceutical packaging can reduce your total waste produced by using biodegradable alternatives or making it reusable would save you on labor costs.
- Complying with Legislation: While the United States currently does not have a plastic ban, other countries do. It’s important if you’re a global company to abide by foreign laws to ensure your business is not impacted.
- Supply Chain: Sustainable pharmaceutical packaging has strong potential in improving the life-cycle of your products. Resulting in greater transparency in your supply chain, increasing its efficiency, and reducing its costs.
- Reduces Your Waste: Reducing single-use plastics and increasing the use of biodegradable materials lightens your waste load. Resulting in an increase in efficiency and reduces the number of your products being thrown into the landfill.
- Conserve Resources: Extracting natural resources for material needs has a huge impact on our environment. Eco-systems across the globe are facing deforestation, fracking, oil and gas leaks, and more; in the name of profit. But, adopting sustainable solutions can give you peace of mind knowing you’re not contributing to any of them.
Pioneer Packaging Combines Sustainability with Pharmaceutical Packaging
Going green in your packaging is the future! Customers, governments, and competitors are demanding eco-friendly solutions in their products, so why not give them what they want? Pioneer Packaging is a proud advocate and supplier of incredible solutions to ensure your product maintains a high level of integrity. No matter what industry you are in, we strive to provide you with quality solutions that meet your needs. Don’t believe us? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to show you how we can help make your packaging resonate.