CBD has become a rapidly growing industry as a number of states have allowed the use of it. With CBD becoming increasingly popular, we have also seen the introduction of many new products to the market. Whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, consumers notice packaging before anything else about the product. In our blog post below, we have included what you need on your CBD packaging, as well as what you should include.
Pioneer Packaging is the go-to source for quality, cost-effective packaging that keeps up with industry trends. Whether you’re just starting a product line or updating your current one, our team provides packaging solutions that represent your brand. We have packaging solutions for products that will meet your needs and positively represent your company in the industry. Read our blog post below to learn what design elements you need in CBD packaging.
Required Elements in CBD Packaging
Before we move into eye-catching design elements you may want to include, we should let you know what elements are required in CBD packaging. Each state has different requirements for manufacturing and packaging CBD products. However, the FDA has requirements that all CBD product packaging must meet:
- Identity Statement – This defines for consumers what your product does, how it is used, and what benefit it has.
- Net Quantity of Contents – This tells the consumer how much of the product they will be receiving in the package.
- Nutrition Label – Informs the customer what nutritional value they can receive from the product.
- Ingredients List – Provides all included ingredients in the product for consumers to see.
- Company Contact Information – This should include the company name, address, phone number, and other relevant information such as if the product was tested and where.
These required elements, alongside other legal requirements such as child safety, tamper evidence, proper seals, etc. allow your CBD products to hit the shelves and get approved faster.
Identify The Target Market For Your CBD Products
After learning what you must include in your packaging and before starting the design process, you need to identify who your product/packaging will be geared towards. For instance, if you are trying to target a wealthier audience, your packaging may look more luxurious and high-class. If you are trying to target millennials, you may go for more simplistic and eco-friendly packaging. Check out this article on how to identify your target market.
Intriguing Design Elements in CBD Packaging
The first thing a customer notices about a product is the packaging. After you meet the required package elements and you identify your target market, you should focus your efforts on making appealing, eye-catching designs that influence consumer behavior.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging – Being eco-friendly is all the rage these days. Consumers care about their environmental footprint more than ever and will opt for eco-friendly packaging over other options.
- Minimalist Designs – Minimalist designs help capture the attention of your customers without being too distracting. Minimalist packaging can also present your brand image and story in a way that consumers perceive as clean and simple.
- Product-Focused – Ensure that your packaging reflects what product you are trying to sell. For example, if you are marketing your CBD products as health benefits, then you would want to make that clear on your package design.
Pioneer Packaging Can Meet All Of Your CBD Packaging Needs
If you are looking to transition to more sustainable or minimal product packaging, look no further. At Pioneer Packaging, we specialize in providing high-quality packaging that promotes sustainability and well-crafted design. Moreover, we also work alongside different industry professionals including those in the medical, food, aerospace, and automotive industry. We will work with you to ensure your products meet your business needs.
Contact us today to learn more about our CBD packaging capabilities.